FUNDRAISING, PARTNERSHIPS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGERS
Do you want to shape young people’s future?
1625 Independent People is the South West’s leading youth homelessness charity with a national reputation for establishing best practice, involving young people and ensuring strong partnership working.
This is a unique time for the charity as we are investing in three new management roles to lead our fundraising, communications and partnerships.
Are you someone who can take the lead in promoting our work, build relationships with businesses and in our communities and raise the vital funds we need so young homeless people and care leavers to succeed in life?
We have the following opportunities to join our Fundraising, Partnerships and Communication Team:
Communications and Community Fundraising Manager: You will develop and lead our communications strategy and our corporate and community fundraising plans. You will provide communications expertise and knowledge to raise awareness of our work, grow our supporter base, build our profile and reputation, establish new relationships and bring new income to the charity. For further detail on thise role, please click below.
Trusts and Foundations Manager and Partnerships Manager: you will develop relationships with current and new funders and partners, raise awareness of our work in the community and secure vital income for the charity’s work. You will collaborate with young people, colleagues and partners to shape projects based on young people’s needs and strengths. Further details on these posts below.
The deadline for application submissions is 23:59 on 11th July 2022.
What we are looking for in these management roles:
- You will enjoy building strong relationships with charitable trusts and foundations, corporate partners, public funders, charities and community groups
- You will bring the ability to write compelling and inspiring content and funding proposals
- You will enjoy working collaboratively – as part of a creative and highly motivated team, with young people and with our partners – to raise awareness of the charity’s work, bring in new income, and shape new services
- You are passionate about enabling young people to succeed in life.
You will also bring:
- Significant experience in securing large grants (Trusts and Foundations Manager)
- Winning public sector contracts (Partnership Manager)
- Significant marketing and communications experience with a passion for creating all forms of content across a variety of media (Communications and Community Fundraising Manager).
What you will be doing:
Trusts and Foundations Manager and Partnerships Manager
- You will seek out new opportunities and build strong relationships with funders and a range of partners to ensure that young people receive the support and opportunities they need to succeed in life
- You will project manage all applications, ensuring that colleagues, partners and young people are involved in ways that are well planned and adequately resourced.
Communications and Community Fundraising Manager
- You will be seeking out new opportunities for businesses and community groups to support our work and build strong relationships.
- You will work closely with colleagues, partners and young people to develop and deliver our Communications Strategy.
- You will lead our Corporate, Community, Events and Individual Giving fundraising plans; securing income and pro-bono support to help us achieve our organisational priorities.
Across all roles
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to lead the fundraising, partnerships and communications work in a thriving and innovative charity that has an excellent reputation regionally and nationally
- The opportunity to work with a range of dedicated partners, funders and supporters who share our ambitions for young people.
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days per annum plus all Bank Holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
- A very supportive environment with reflective practice, regular supervision, team, cross-departmental and organisational development days.
- Employee Health Cash Plan with UK Healthcare.
- Hours per week: 37.5 hours
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: £32,798 – £41,591 (dependant on experience and role)
- The location: Kingsley Hall in central Bristol, with the flexibility to also work from home.
Your line manager will be our Partnerships Director, Jamie Gill. If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but you are worried about the application process, please get in touch with Jamie: firstname.lastname@example.org.