1. Contact Information
- If you have any questions, or would prefer this form to be emailed or posted to you, please email
MM slash DD slash YYYY
2. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
3. REASONS FOR VOLUNTEERING
- Please provide two referees. In absence of a professional, employment or educational referee we
can accept a reference from a support worker or character reference (excluding friends and family
- We want to ensure that our workers, volunteers and clients are not placed at risk. As 1625
Independent People meets the requirements of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974, certain roles may be required to undergo a check from the Disclosure and
Barring Service (DBS).
Offences do not necessarily mean that your application will be turned down. We give careful
consideration to providing opportunities for ex-offenders.
6. DISABILITY / Access Requirements
7. Volunteering Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring
- We are committed to make sure all our Volunteers are not discriminated against on the grounds of
protected characteristics. By providing information about yourself, you will help us adhere to equal
opportunities best practice and to identify any barriers to diversity among our volunteers. You do
not have to answer all the questions but the more information you give, the more effective we can
be. All information is treated in the strictest confidence.
Disability Definition The Equality Act 2010 states “A person has a disability if they have a physical or
mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out
normal day-to-day activities.” We fully support the social model of disability and we recognise that
people with different impairments or medical conditions can experience different barriers.
I confirm that the details I have given in this application are accurate. If my application is successful I
understand that any false statement or failure to disclose information may result in the end of any
position offered to me.