Keeping Your Accommodation

If you live in our accommodation here are some things you              need to know

Working With Your Support Worker

Our funding from the councils means that we can ONLY house young people who need support. This means that if you do not meet with your support worker you could lose your right to the accommodation. The two things go together!

So, it is very important that you keep appointments with your Support Worker.


Keeping your accommodation

You will be given a licence agreement or tenancy agreement that will explain your responsibilities. This will include things such as

Paying your rent and/or service charge

Not causing a nuisance or harassing others

Not damaging the property

Not committing criminal acts

Sticking to the rules e.g., no pets

You can lose your accommodation if you break the conditions of your licence or tenancy – so you must ask if you don’t understand any of it.

Your Support Worker will give you fair warning if you are not sticking to your licence/tenancy agreement and they will also help you to make improvements to help you succeed in your accommodation.

The important thing is to have an honest conversation if you are struggling and to ask for help when you need it.

If things do not improve, we will ask you to leave the property. We will always try to prevent a formal eviction by supporting you to move on in a planned way (this is because an eviction can have a negative effect on your chances of getting re-housed in the future) BUT ultimately, we will evict people who refuse to stick to agreements to stop problem behaviour which has a bad effect on others.

If we do need to ask you to leave, you will be informed of your rights to appeal, your legal rights and where you can get independent advice. We will follow the relevant legal procedures for your type of accommodation.



Pets are not allowed in 1625ip properties.

This is for a few reasons, including

Our accommodation is temporary – having a pet can reduce move on options, especially as more people move into private rented housing.

A lot of our housing is shared housing and other people living in the house might have allergies or fears about some types of animals

A lot of the accommodation that 1625ip has does not belong to 1625ip, and a lot of the landlords/owners of the properties do not allow pets

If we find out that there is a pet living in a house, we will need to act, which could result in you losing your accommodation.  We also ask that visitors do not bring pets into the houses, and you do not “pet-sit” for anyone if it means bringing the animal into the property.

Assistance animals, such as guide dogs, are not pets – they are trained and accredited assistance animals and that is different.

“Therapy” animals are not recognised assistance animals in the UK, and so they are not allowed.

If you want to know more, please speak with your support worker or ask to see a copy of the 1625ip pets policy.