Other ways to get involved!
We always have lots of activities going on – that can help you meet new people, learn new skills, and improve your wellbeing!
• Cooking sessions – learn new recipes
• Swimming passes – free sessions at a local pool
• Climbing sessions
• Budgeting sessions – learn how to make your money work for you
• Music – production, DJing and singing
• ESOL groups to practice speaking English
• Maths and English courses to improve your Functional Skills
• Cinema, bowling, and other social trips
Ask your Support Worker to get in touch with the Participation and Learning team if you’d like to find out more!
This is a great opportunity to make a difference, build confidence and meet new people. If you’re interested, please contact Keran or Ria for a friendly chat!
Keran – Keran.Brady@1625ip.co.uk
Ria – 07944467251 or Ria.Anderson@1625ip.co.uk
Why not become an Independent People Ambassador?
Independent People Ambassadors sit on our IPA Board (previously Youth Board). Ambassadors work directly with our Trustees, Strategic Leadership Team, and wider teams to shape and guide 1625ip.
• Reach out to other Young People, listen to their feedback, and tell 1625ip what matters to young people.
• Hear from, and work with, 1625ip to co-produce action plans based on the priorities set by Young People and help improve 1625ip services, and share ideas for new ones.
• Meet once a month for 1.5 hours and receive a living-wage payment every 6 months for their time and commitment.
Take your journey one step further – Join our Ambassador Programme and become an Ambassador Lead
Our Ambassador Programme is a 9–12-month programme for up to 3 young people a year looking to commit to a bursary-supported development opportunity within the Participation Team.
Ambassador Leads offer 5-8 hours a week and receive specialist coaching, training, and placement opportunities.
• Take an active leadership role on our IPA Board
• Contribute to 1625ip outreach to really listen to what young people have to say
• Innovate and work closely with our Funding and Communication team to shape future funding priorities and keep the young person voice central
• Undertake a range of training and development opportunities and use those skills to lead on a project informed by their passions and ambitions
• Advocate for their peers and influence meaningful change by representing 1625ip at the highest level within a range of spaces and events, including the 1625ip Board of Trustees.