Become a Community Mentor and help young people to grow
1625ip are welcoming individuals to volunteer as Community Mentors. Community Mentors are a reliable, positive, figure in a young person’s life. Community Mentoring offers young people the chance to build positive relationships with members of the community who they might otherwise never have had the chance to meet. Mentoring can transform lives, both for the Mentor and the Mentee. Mentors meet with a young person and encourage them to develop the confidence and skills needed to be independent. If you can listen with empathy, share your experience, provide encouragement, and you can spare a couple of hours a fortnight, we’d love to hear from you!
- Are matched with young people within the local community who may be new to the city and would benefit from help to get to know the city and/or in need of positive relationships with others
- Spend quality time together with mentees doing interesting things in and around Bristol
- Empower mentees to increase confidence and make positive choices
- Listen, encourage and inspire young people
- Are a positive figure in a young person’s life
- Are reliable, personable and willing to commit and share interests
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on a fortnightly basis
- Travel to meet young people at a variety of locations around the city
What we offer:
- Travel expenses and reimbursement for refreshments at meetings with young people
- Regular support, supervision and reflective practice
- Access to training
- Appointment is subject to application, two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check
Closing date for applications – rolling
Community Mentor Volunteer Role description here
Read our full Volunteering Policy here.
1625 Independent People is committed to promoting equal opportunity and diversity.
Any enquiries or if you need a paper version sent to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 0117 317 8800