In order to provide complete functionality, this web site needs your explicit consent to store browser cookies. If you don't allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the web site including but not limited to: log in, buy products, see personalized content, switch between site cultures. It is recommended that you allow all cookies.

Text size:

Live-in Supported Housing

In Bristol we run a temporary, supported housing project for young people, aged 16 – 21 years old. This is a high support service, which means it is are staffed 24 hours and offer intensive one to one support:


Our services offer:

  • A safe, secure and welcoming environment
  • Partially self-contained accommodation
  • Accessible accommodation
  • Staff on site 24 hours
  • A named support worker to help young people develop skills and independence
  • Education, employment and training support
  • Access to specialist services such as mental health, drug and alcohol, mediation
  • Help with moving on to more independent accommodation


To live with us, a young person must be willing to:

  • Meet with our support workers regularly
  • Stick to the rules 
  • Stay with us at least five nights per week
  • Consider signing up for education, training or voluntary work

How to apply

South Gloucestershire based: to apply or ask for more information for housing in South Glos, please click here.

Bristol based: If you are homeless now or about to be visit our Housing Advice  page.

We can only house people who are on the Bristol Housing Support Register.

How to get on the Housing Support Register

The register tells us who is chosen and referred to us and their housing priority status (how urgent it is).
We can help young people complete an Online Referral Form (ORF) or they can do it with the Bristol City Council’s  Housing Advice Team (opens in a new window). Please see Bristol City Council’s web site for more information on the Housing Support Register (opens in a new window) or contact us to talk to someone about registering. We cannot promise that a young person will be referred to us even if we help them register. It may be that they are better suited to another service.

The Council Housing Advice Team assesses the housing priority of the young person and adds them to the register. If they are referred to us, we invite the young person for an interview and assessment of their needs. All our support staff are experienced youth workers.
If we think Independent People is not the right service for them, we tell them why in person and in a letter and let them know what their options are for alternative support.


All contents copyright© 2020. 1625 Independent People is a charity and a registered society (Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, reg: 23964R exempt from registration with the Charity Commission). Registered office: Kingsley Hall, 59 Old Market Street, Bristol, BS2 0ER. Created & Managed By Solsoft

Privacy Notice and Privacy Statement during Coronavirus